Browse the site

Access to Justice

Do you need help with a family law issue?

The Access to Justice Devon & Cornwall Project offers free legal consultancy and support to people with family law issues, but do not have a lawyer and are not entitled to legal aid.

Issues we cover:

– Divorce and Dissolution
– Separation and Cohabitation
– Financial Orders
– Child Arrangements
– Parental Responsibility
– Domestic abuse

What help do we offer?

– Advice on the law, your rights, your options and what to do next
– Assistance with court applications and statements/evidence
– Advice on court process and procedure

● Deciding what to do when you separate
● Using mediation to help you separate
● Getting a divorce
● Ways to end your marriage
● Ending a civil partnership

● Arranging financial support after you separate
● Help with legal fees when you separate
● Benefits and help with council tax when you separate
● Dividing up money and belongings when you separate

● Making child arrangements
● Your child arrangements aren’t working
● Your ex-partner is taking your children without consent

● What happens to your home when you separate
● If your ex-partner is trying to make you leave
● If your ex-partner has left your home
● Transferring property for the benefit of children

Find out what what you can do when you’re fleeing from violence in the home, including finding emergency accommodation.

Please note: We support clients as litigants in person. We do not undertake litigation on a client’s behalf or offer representation at court. When receiving advice, clients remain responsible for the management and conduct of their case.


We cannot advise if you are currently instructing or receiving advice from a lawyer or professional McKenzie Friend.

Contact Us

Please use the referral form below

Referral Form

Our current call-back time is 5 working days.